+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (5)
+ − Actions (23)
On October 6, 1993 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 103-97.
- Signed by President.
On September 24, 1993 in the House:
- Presented to President.
On September 21, 1993 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by recorded vote : 420 - 3 .
- At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Burton objected to the vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Miss Collins moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill.
On August 4, 1993 in the House:
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- Subcommittee on Postal Operations and Services Discharged.
On July 15, 1993 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Postal Operations and Services.
On July 13, 1993 in the House:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Referred to the House Committee on Post Office and Civil Service.
- Received in the House.
On July 1, 1993 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate without amendment by Voice Vote.
On June 30, 1993 in the Senate:
- Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 123.
- Committee on Governmental Affairs. Reported to Senate by Senator Glenn without amendment. Without written report.
On June 24, 1993 in the Senate:
- Committee on Governmental Affairs. Ordered to be reported without amendment favorably.
On February 25, 1993 in the Senate:
- Read twice and referred to the Committee on Governmental Affairs.
- Sponsor introductory remarks on measure.
+ − Vote
September 21, 1993: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass
- Yeas: 420
- Nays: 3
- Absent: 10
+ − Sponsor