+ − Summaries (4)
+ − Actions (25)
On September 25, 1992 in the House:
- Mr. Valentine asked unanimous consent that the Clerk be authorized to correct section numbers, punctuation, and cross references, and to make other necessary technical and conforming corrections in the engrossment of S. 1330 . Mr. Walker objected to the request.
On September 23, 1992 in the House:
- Upon the disposition of the question of passing S. 1330 by division vote, the Chair announced that by unanimous consent, the motion to reconsider was laid upon the table. Upon the objection made by Mr. Walker, the Chair put the question on the motion to reconsider and by voice vote, declared that the noes had prevailed. Thus, the motion to reconsider was not agreed to and accordingly, S. 1330 was declared passed.
- The title of the measure was amended. Agreed to without objection.
- On passage Passed by Division vote: 65 - 10.
- The Chair announced that by unanimous consent, the amended Senate bill, S. 1330 , would be moved to a third reading. Upon objection by Mr. Walker, the Chair put the question on the motion to order third reading and by a voice vote, announced that the ayes had prevailed which allowed the question of passage of the bill as amended to be put before the House.
- On motion to strike and insert Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 248 - 151 .
- The Valentine motion directs the House to strike out all after the enacting clause of S. 1330 and to insert in lieu thereof the provisions of H.R. 5231 as passed by the House.
- Mr. Valentine moved to strike and insert.
- Considered by unanimous consent.
- Mr. Valentine asked unanimous consent to take from the Speaker's table and consider.
- Held at the desk.
- A similar measure H.R. 5231 was laid on the table without objection.
On July 1, 1992 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote.
On July 1, 1992 in the House:
- Received in the House.
On July 1, 1992 in the Senate:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On June 30, 1992 in the Senate:
- The substitute as amended agreed to by Voice Vote.
- S.AMDT.2645 Amendment SP 2645 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.
- S.AMDT.2645 Proposed by Senator Ford for Senator Metzenbaum. To clarify that the Act does not alter the application of Federal and State antitrust laws.
- Measure laid before Senate.
- Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 340.
On November 21, 1991 in the Senate:
- Committee on Commerce. Reported to Senate by Senator Hollings with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. With written report No. 102-226.
- Committee on Commerce. Ordered to be reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute favorably.
On October 3, 1991 in the Senate:
- Subcommittee on Science, Technology, and Space. Hearings held. Hearings printed: S.Hrg. 102-1041.
On September 17, 1991 in the Senate:
On June 19, 1991 in the Senate:
- Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce.
+ − Amendment
To clarify that the Act does not alter the application of Federal and State antitrust laws.
+ − Sponsor