+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (4)
+ − Actions (20)
On October 30, 1995 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 104-38.
- Signed by President.
On October 25, 1995 in the House:
- Presented to President.
On October 18, 1995 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
- A similar measure H.R. 2259 was laid on the table without objection.
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On passage Passed without objection.
- The previous question was ordered without objection.
- Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 2259 with 1 hour of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions except motion to recommit. Measure will be read by section. A specified amendment is in order. An amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of S. 1254 , as passed by the Senate, shall be considered as adopted in the Committee of the Whole and in the House. The bill, as amended, shall be considered as an original bill for the purpose of further amendment. No further amendment shall be in order except the amendment in the nature of a substitute printed in the report of the Committee on Rules accompanying this resolution, debatable for 1 hour and not subject to amendment. After passage of the bill, it shall be in order to take from the Sp eaker's table and consider the bill S. 1254 . It shall be in order to move to strike all afte...
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 237 .
On October 6, 1995 in the House:
- Held at the desk.
- Received in the House.
On October 2, 1995 in the Senate:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On September 29, 1995 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate with an amendment by Voice Vote.
- S.AMDT.2879 Amendment SP 2879 agreed to in Senate by Voice Vote.
- S.AMDT.2879 Proposed by Senator Coats for Senator Kennedy. To provide for a reduction in sentencing disparities.
- Measure laid before Senate.
On September 25, 1995 in the Senate:
- Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 194.
On September 18, 1995 in the Senate:
- Introduced in the Senate. Read the first time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under Read the First Time.
- Sponsor introductory remarks on measure.
+ − Amendment
To provide for a reduction in sentencing disparities.
+ − Sponsor