+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (2)
+ − Actions (10)
On August 1, 1996 in the House:
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 236 - 178 .
- The previous question was ordered without objection.
- DEBATE - The House resumed debate.
- Mr. Linder asked unanimous consent that it be in order for the amendment numbered 1 printed in the report accompanying the rule to be offered in a modified form. Agreed to without objection.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate.
- Considered as privileged matter.
On July 31, 1996 in the House:
- Placed on the House Calendar, Calendar No. 265.
- Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 123 with 1 hour of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions except motion to recommit with or without instructions. In lieu of the amendment recommended by the Committee on Economic and Educational Opportunities now printed in the bill, it shall be in order to consider as an original bill for the purpose of amendment under the five-minute rule an amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of H.R. 3898 . Measure will be considered read. Specified amendments are in order.
- The House Committee on Rules reported an original measure, H. Rept. 104-734 , by Mr. Linder.
+ − Sponsor