+ − Summary
+ − Actions (8)
On September 20, 1989 in the House:
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 416 - 0 .
- The previous question was ordered without objection.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate.
- Considered as privileged matter.
On September 7, 1989 in the House:
- Placed on the House Calendar, Calendar No. 54.
- Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 1659 with 1 hour of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions except motion to recommit. It shall be in order to consider the amendment in the nature of a substitute recommended by the Committee on Public Works and Transportation now printed in italics in the bill, as modified by the amendment recommended by the Committee on Foreign Affairs now printed in boldface roman in the bill, as an original bill for the purpose of amendment under the five-minute rule. Measure will be read by title. Bill is open to amendments.
- The House Committee on Rules reported an original measure, H. Rept. 101-230, by Ms. Slaughter .
+ − Sponsor