+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (2)
+ − Actions (11)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to by recorded vote: 247 - 181 .
- H.AMDT.276 On agreeing to the Linder amendment Agreed to by voice vote.
- On ordering the previous question Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 234 - 191 .
- ORDERING THE PREVIOUS QUESTION - At the conclusion of debate on the resolution, Mr. Linder moved the previous question on both the pending amendment and on the resolution. The Chair put the question on the motion and by voice vote declared that the ayes had prevailed. Mr. Frost objected to the voice vote based on the absence of a quorum and the Yeas and Nays were automatically ordered.
- H.AMDT.276 Amendment offered by Mr. Linder. Amendment provided for modifications to the Geren amendment No. 1 and the Cox amendment No. 12 in the Rules Committee report.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate.
- Considered as privileged matter.
- Placed on the House Calendar, Calendar No. 30.
- Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 956 . Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions except motion to recommit with or without instructions. Measure will be considered read. Specified amendments are in order. It shall be in order to consider as an original bill for the purpose of amendment under the five-minute rule an amendment in the nature of a substitute consisting of the text of H.R. 1075 . No amendment to the substitute shall be in order except those printed in the report accompanying this resolution, if offered in the order and manner specified. Said amendments shall not be subject to further amendment, or subject to a demand for division of the question in the House or in the Committee of the Whole.
- The House Committee on Rules reported an original measure, H. Rept. 104-72 , by Mr. Linder.
+ − Amendment
Amendment provided for modifications to the Geren amendment No. 1 and the Cox amendment No. 12 in the Rules Committee report.
+ − Vote
March 9, 1995: On Agreeing to the Resolution
- Yeas: 247
- Nays: 181
- Absent: 6