+ − Summaries (3)
+ − Full Texts (5)
+ − Actions (23)
On April 1, 1996 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 104-125.
- Signed by President.
On March 20, 1996 in the House:
- Presented to President.
On March 18, 1996 in the House:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On March 15, 1996 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
On March 15, 1996 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Voice Vote.
On March 13, 1996 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate, read twice.
On March 12, 1996 in the House:
- Mr. Gekas moved to suspend the rules and pass the resolution, as amended.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Gekas objected to the vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- Considered as unfinished business.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the resolution, as amended Agreed to by recorded vote : 405 - 0 .
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On November 30, 1995 in the House:
- Reported by the Committee on Judiciary. H. Rept. 104-377 .
- Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 190.
On October 31, 1995 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On October 19, 1995 in the House:
- Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote.
- Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Subcommittee Hearings Held.
On April 24, 1995 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law.
On March 10, 1995 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
+ − Vote
March 12, 1996: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass, as Amended
- Yeas: 405
- Absent: 26
+ − Sponsor