+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (5)
+ − Actions (19)
On October 1, 1996 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 104-218.
- Signed by President.
On September 20, 1996 in the House:
- Presented to President.
On September 19, 1996 in the House:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On September 18, 1996 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
On September 18, 1996 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate, read twice, considered, read the third time, and passed without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.
On September 17, 1996 in the House:
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Reported by the Committee on Judiciary. H. Rept. 104-796 .
- Placed on the House Calendar, Calendar No. 276.
- Mr. Flanagan moved to suspend the rules and pass the resolution, as amended.
- Considered as unfinished business.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Flanagan objected to the Yea - Nay vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the resolution, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: :405 - 0 .
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- The title of the measure was amended. Agreed to without objection.
On September 11, 1996 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On September 10, 1996 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
+ − Sponsor