+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (3)
+ − Actions (12)
On March 6, 1997 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Governmental Affairs.
On March 5, 1997 in the House:
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: : 295 - 125 .
- Considered as unfinished business.
On March 4, 1997 in the House:
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 5, rule I, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed until March 5.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Mr. Canady moved to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution.
On March 3, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to House Transportation and Infrastructure
- Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution.
- Referred to House Judiciary
- Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
+ − Sponsor