+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (3)
+ − Actions (14)
On September 27, 1996 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate.
On September 26, 1996 in the House:
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: : 416 - 6 .
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 5, rule I, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Mr. Gilman moved to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended.
On September 17, 1996 in the House:
- Committee Agreed to Seek Consideration Under Suspension of the Rules, by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On July 23, 1996 in the House:
- Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote.
- Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On July 8, 1996 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific.
On June 18, 1996 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on International Relations.
- Sponsor introductory remarks on measure.
+ − Sponsor