+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (4)
+ − Actions (16)
On September 19, 1996 in the Senate:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On September 18, 1996 in the Senate:
- Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations discharged by Unanimous Consent.
On September 5, 1996 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.
On September 4, 1996 in the House:
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by recorded vote : 382 - 1, 1 Present .
- Considered as unfinished business.
- At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Gilman objected to the vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Mr. Gilman moved to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended.
On August 1, 1996 in the House:
- Committee Agreed to Seek Consideration Under Suspension of the Rules, by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On July 22, 1996 in the House:
- Executive Comment Requested from State.
On December 19, 1995 in the House:
- Sponsor introductory remarks on measure.
On December 15, 1995 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on International Relations.
+ − Vote
September 4, 1996: Suspend the rules and agree, as amended
- Yeas: 382
- Nays: 1
- Present/NV: 1
- Absent: 49
+ − Sponsor