+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (4)
+ − Actions (23)
- Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 156.
- The previous question on the motion to recommit with instructions was ordered without objection.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the Meuser motion to recommit with instructions. The instructions contained in the motion seek to require the bill to be reported back to the House with an amendment adding a section pertaining to Small Business Surivival which shall not apply to an enterprise that employs fewer than 10 individuals and whose annual gross volume of sales made or business done is less than $1,000,000.
- Received in the Senate. Read the first time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under Read the First Time.
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 492. (consideration: CR H7095-7128; text of amendment in the nature of a substitute: CR H7095-7096)
- On motion to recommit with instructions Failed by recorded vote: 210 - 218 (Roll no. 495).
- On passage Passed by recorded vote: 231 - 199 (Roll no. 496).
- H.Amdt.596 Amendment (A002) offered by Mr. O'Halleran. (consideration: CR H7123-7126; text: CR H7123-7124)
- Mr. Meuser moved to recommit with instructions to the Committee on Education and Labor. (text: CR H7126)
- H.Amdt.596 On agreeing to the O'Halleran amendment (A002) Agreed to by recorded vote: 248 - 181 (Roll no. 494).
- H.Amdt.596 The previous question was ordered on the amendment (A002) and on the bill pursuant to the rule.
- DEBATE - Pursuant to the provisions of H.Res. 492, the House proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the O'Halleran amendment No. 1.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H.R. 582.
- Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 582 with 1 hour of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions except motion to recommit with or without instructions. Measure will be considered read. A specified amendment is in order.
- Rule H. Res. 492 passed House.
- Rules Committee Resolution H. Res. 492 Reported to House. Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 582 with 1 hour of general debate. Previous question shall be considered as ordered without intervening motions except motion to recommit with or without instructions. Measure will be considered read. A specified amendment is in order.
- Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 112.
- Reported (Amended) by the Committee on Education and Labor. H. Rept. 116-150.
- Ordered to be Reported in the Nature of a Substitute by the Yeas and Nays: 28 - 20.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Referred to the House Committee on Education and Labor.
- Introduced in House
+ − Amendments (3)
Pursuant to the provisions of H.Res. 492, the amendment in the nature of a substitute, modified by the amendment printed in Part A of House Report 116-155 is considered adopted.
No description has been published. See Text of Amendment as Submitted.
Amendment requires the Government Accountability Office, to submit a report to Congress on the economic and employment impacts of the four minimum wage increases in the bill to be prepared after the second wage increase and before the third wage increase. Also, the amendment requires Congress to assess the report's findings and to take any appropriate legislative action, including action to delay or otherwise modify the next scheduled wage increases.