+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (2)
+ − Actions (25)
On October 9, 2002 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate.
On October 8, 2002 in the House:
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: : 390 - 24 .
- Considered as unfinished business.
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On October 7, 2002 in the House:
- House Committee on Armed Services Granted an extension for further consideration ending not later than Oct. 8, 2002.
- Executive Comment Requested from DOD.
- Reported by the Committee on Judiciary. H. Rept. 107-723 , Part I.
- House Committee on Transportation Granted an extension for further consideration ending not later than Oct. 8, 2002.
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce Granted an extension for further consideration ending not later than Oct. 8, 2002.
- Mr. Sensenbrenner moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on H.R. 5422 .
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 8, rule XX, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
On October 2, 2002 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On October 1, 2002 in the House:
- Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote.
- Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Subcommittee Hearings Held.
On September 20, 2002 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
On September 19, 2002 in the House:
- Referred to House Education and the Workforce
- Referred to House Armed Services
- Referred to House Transportation and Infrastructure
- Referred to House Judiciary
- Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committees on Transportation and Infrastructure, Armed Services, and Education and the Workforce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
+ − Sponsor