+ − Summaries (3)
+ − Full Texts (4)
+ − Actions (19)
On June 12, 2012 in the Senate:
- Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 427.
On June 11, 2012 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate. Read the first time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under Read the First Time.
On June 7, 2012 in the House:
- Considered as unfinished business.
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 679 .
- Resolution provides for consideration of H.R. 436 and H.R. 5882 . Debate on H.R. 436 will continue for not to exceed 90 minutes, equally divided and controlled. H.R. 436 is closed to amendments. General debate on H.R. 5882 will continue for not to exceed one hour, equally divided and controlled. Specified amendments to H.R. 5882 are in order.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with 90 minutes of debate on H.R. 436 .
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
- POSTPONED PROCEEDINGS - Pursuant to clause 1 of rule 19, further consideration of the bill H.R. 436 is postponed.
- Mr. Bishop moved to recommit with instructions to Ways and Means.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the Bishop motion to recommit with instructions pending reservation of a point of order. The instructions contained in the motion seek to require the bill to be reported back to the house with an amendment to prohibit manufacturers, producers, and importers of medical devices from benefiting from the underlying bill's repeal of the medical device tax if they outsource American jobs. Subsequently, the reservation was withdrawn.
- The previous question on the motion to recommit with instructions was ordered without objection.
- On motion to recommit with instructions Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 179 - 239 .
- On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 270 - 146 .
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On June 5, 2012 in the House:
- Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 362.
- Reported by the Committee on Ways and Means. H. Rept. 112-514 .
On May 31, 2012 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported by the Yeas and Nays: 23 - 11.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On January 25, 2011 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.
+ − Sponsors (241)