+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (3)
+ − Actions (13)
On July 24, 1996 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate. Read twice. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 512.
On July 23, 1996 in the House:
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays : 353 - 65 .
- Considered as unfinished business.
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 5, rule I, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Mr. Gilman moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
On July 10, 1996 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported in the Nature of a Substitute by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On June 4, 1996 in the House:
- Referred to House Rules
- Referred to House International Relations
- Referred to the Committee on International Relations, and in addition to the Committee on Rules, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
+ − Sponsor