+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (5)
+ − Actions (23)
On May 16, 1996 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 104-144.
- Signed by President.
On May 6, 1996 in the House:
- Presented to President.
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On May 3, 1996 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
On May 3, 1996 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent.
On March 13, 1996 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate. Read twice. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 345.
On March 12, 1996 in the House:
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Mr. Gekas moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Gekas objected to the vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- Considered as unfinished business.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by voice vote.
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On November 30, 1995 in the House:
- Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 189.
- Reported by the Committee on Judiciary. H. Rept. 104-376 .
On October 31, 1995 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On October 19, 1995 in the House:
- Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote.
- Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Subcommittee Hearings Held.
On July 28, 1995 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law.
On July 19, 1995 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
+ − Sponsor