+ − Summaries (2)
+ − Full Texts (4)
+ − Actions (23)
On August 13, 1997 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 105-41.
- Signed by President.
On August 1, 1997 in the House:
- Presented to President.
On July 25, 1997 in the House:
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On July 24, 1997 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
On July 24, 1997 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent.
On July 23, 1997 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate, read twice.
On July 22, 1997 in the House:
- Mr. McHugh moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes debate.
- At the conclusion of debate, the chair put the question on the motion to suspend the rules. Mr. Lantos objected to the Yea - Nay vote on the grounds that a quorum was not present. Further proceedings on the motion were postponed. The point of no quorum was withdrawn.
- Considered as unfinished business.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by recorded vote : 422 - 3 .
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- The title of the measure was amended. Agreed to without objection.
On June 5, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Readiness.
- Executive Comment Requested from DOD.
On May 21, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Health and Environment, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Chairman.
On May 19, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Postal Service.
On May 13, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to House National Security
- Referred to House Commerce
- Referred to House Government Reform and Oversight
- Referred to the Committee on Government Reform and Oversight, and in addition to the Committees on Commerce, and National Security, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
+ − Vote
July 22, 1997: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass, as Amended
- Yeas: 422
- Nays: 3
- Absent: 9
+ − Sponsor