+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (5)
+ − Actions (22)
On November 19, 1997 in the House:
- Became Public Law No: 105-91.
- Signed by President.
On November 10, 1997 in the House:
- Presented to President.
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
On November 9, 1997 in the House:
- Cleared for White House.
On November 9, 1997 in the Senate:
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent.
On October 9, 1997 in the Senate:
- Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 212.
- Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs discharged by Unanimous Consent.
On June 18, 1997 in the Senate:
- Received in the Senate and read twice and referred to the Committee on Governmental Affairs.
On June 17, 1997 in the House:
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate.
- Mr. McHugh moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill.
- Considered under suspension of the rules.
- Considered as unfinished business.
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 5, rule I, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: : 416 - 0 .
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
On May 16, 1997 in the House:
- Ordered to be Reported by Voice Vote.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On April 8, 1997 in the House:
- Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote.
- Subcommittee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
On March 14, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Postal Service.
On March 13, 1997 in the House:
- Referred to the House Committee on Government Reform and Oversight.
+ − Sponsor