+ − Summary
+ − Full Text
+ − Actions (9)
- Taken from the Consent Orders of the Day, placed in the Regular Orders of the Day
- Floor amendment (1) filed to Committee Substitute
- Posted for passage in the Consent Orders of the Day for Friday, February 5
- 2nd reading, to Rules
- Reported favorably, 1st reading, to Consent Calendar with Committee Substitute (1)
- Posted in committee
- To Education
- Introduced in House
- Prefiled by the sponsor(s).
+ − Amendments (2)
Amend KRS 158.194 to require a principal to determine the most efficient manner to produce classroom copies of the Bill of Rights; allow each teacher to choose the placement of the document within the classroom and to remove during assessments; amend KRS 158.195 to require the postings of the preambles to the United States Constitution and the Kentucky Constitution in all public school classrooms; require a principal to determine the most efficient manner to produce classroom copies of the documents; allow each classroom teacher to choose placement of the documents within the classroom; and allow the documents to be temporarily removed during state assessments.
Amend KRS 158.195 to allow any excerpts or portions of the United States Constitution, or its preamble, or any excerpts or portions of Kentucky Constitution, or its preamble, to be posted in public school buildings, classrooms, or events.