+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (2)
+ − Actions (24)
- Signed by Governor (Acts Chapter 126)
- Delivered to Governor
- Enrolled, signed by each presiding officer
- Passed 98-0
- House concurred in Senate Committee Substitute
- Posted for passage for concurrence in Senate Committee Substitute
- To Rules (H)
- Received in House
- 3rd reading, passed 38-0 with Committee Substitute
- Posted for passage in the Consent Orders of the Day for Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- 2nd reading, to Rules
- Reported favorably, 1st reading, to Consent Calendar with Committee Substitute
- To Education (S)
- Received in Senate
- 3rd reading, passed 96-0 with Committee Substitute, floor amendments (1) (2) and (3)
- Floor amendment (3) filed to Committee Substitute
- Posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Monday, February 25, 2013
- 2nd reading, to Rules
- Floor amendments (1) and (2) filed to Committee Substitute
- Reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar with Committee Substitute
- Posting waived
- Posted in committee
- To Education (H)
- Introduced in House
+ − Amendments (5)
Retain original provisions; include the Kentucky Center for School Safety with the Kentucky Department of Education as recipient of annual report; require additional safety drills in January; include hallways requiring identification numbers in facility floor plans; delete section requiring the Kentucky Department of Education and the Cabinet for Health and Family Services to establish procedures to assist school personnel in recognizing and obtaining assistance for students with mental or emotional conditions.
Amend to require local boards to consult with an architect when constructing or renovating a school building; and to include room capacity within a facility as part of the floor plan provided to law enforcement, fire, and medical personnel.
Retain original provisions except to require visible numbering of windows, doors, and hallways within a school facility.
Retain original provisions; amend to delete requirement that a certified engineer is required to consult with local law enforcement in determining the soundness of a school facility.
Delete all provisions except the following: Create a new chapter of KRS 158 to require adoption of a school emergency plan, require emergency drills, and require an annual report to the department of education; amend KRS 158.163 to require safety drills within the first month of school and one in January; amend KRS 158.164 to require a lockdown practice within the first month of school and in January; create a new chapter of KRS 158 to require local boards to review crime prevention designs when constructing or renovating a school building; create a new chapter of KRS 158 to require the Kentucky Department of Education to develop protocols for student records within the student information system which provides schools receiving the records an awareness of prior offenses described in KRS 610.345; create a new chapter of KRS 95 to encourage chiefs of police to receive training on issues pertaining to school and student safety; create a new chapter of KRS 70 to encourage sheriffs to receive training on issues pertaining to school and student safety; amend KRS 160.345 to include the adoption of an emergency response plan as part of a school council's duties.