+ − Summary
+ − Full Texts (3)
+ − Actions (30)
On May 14, 2014 in the House:
- Chapter No. 2014-39, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 850 (Ch. 2014-184), CS/SB 1642 (Ch. 2014-23)
On May 12, 2014 in the House:
- Approved by Governor
On May 8, 2014 in the House:
- Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
On May 1, 2014 in the House:
- Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
- Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0
- Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (588260)
- Was taken up
On April 25, 2014 in the House:
- In returning messages
On April 24, 2014 in the Senate:
- Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0
- Read 3rd time
On April 23, 2014 in the Senate:
- Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1226
- Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
- Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations; Rules
- Read 2nd time
- Amendment(s) adopted (588260)
- Placed on 3rd reading
On March 20, 2014 in the Senate:
- Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations; Rules
On March 19, 2014 in the Senate:
- In Messages
On March 12, 2014 in the House:
- Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0
- Read 3rd time
On March 11, 2014 in the House:
- Placed on 3rd reading
- Read 2nd time
On March 7, 2014 in the House:
- Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
On March 6, 2014 in the House:
- Placed on Calendar
- Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0
On March 4, 2014 in the House:
- On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Reed Hall
On February 14, 2014 in the House:
- Referred to Education Committee
On February 5, 2014 in the House:
+ − Amendments (4)
+ − Statutes Amended (143)
- 11.45 - Definitions; duties; authorities; reports; rules.
- 120.74 - Agency review, revision, and report.
- 120.81 - Exceptions and special requirements; general areas.
- 409.1451 - The Road-to-Independence Program.
- 411.226 - Learning Gateway.
- 411.227 - Components of the Learning Gateway.
- 411.228 - Accountability.
- 496.404 - Definitions.
- 775.215 - Residency restriction for persons convicted of certain sex offenses.
- 984.151 - Truancy petition; prosecution; disposition.
- 1000.01 - The Florida K-20 education system; technical provisions.
- 1000.21 - Systemwide definitions.
- 1000.33 - Copies to other states approving.
- 1000.37 - Copies to other states approving.
- 1001.10 -
- 1001.25 - Educational television.
- 1001.26 - Public broadcasting program system.
- 1001.47 - District school superintendent; salary.
- 1001.50 -
- 1001.62 - Transfer of benefits arising under local or special acts.
- 1001.73 - University board empowered to act as trustee.
- 1002.20 -
- 1002.31 - Public school parental choice.
- 1002.3105 - Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options.
- 1002.321 - Digital learning.
- 1002.33 - Charter schools.
- 1002.34 - Charter technical career centers.
- 1002.345 - Determination of deteriorating financial conditions and financial emergencies for charter schools and charter technical career centers.
- 1002.39 - The John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program.
- 1002.41 - Home education programs.
- 1002.415 - K-8 Virtual School Program.
- 1002.45 - Virtual instruction programs.
- 1002.455 - Student eligibility for K-12 virtual instruction.
- 1002.65 - Professional credentials of prekindergarten instructors; aspirational goals; legislative intent.
- 1003.01 - Definitions.
- 1003.02 - District school board operation and control of public K-12 education within the school district.
- 1003.03 - Maximum class size.
- 1003.41 - Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
- 1003.4156 - General requirements for middle grades promotion.
- 1003.428 - General requirements for high school graduation.
- 1003.4281 - Early high school graduation.
- 1003.4282 - Requirements for a standard high school diploma.
- 1003.4285 - Standard high school diploma designations.
- 1003.438 - Special high school graduation requirements for certain exceptional students.
- 1003.451 - Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps; military recruiters; access to public school campuses.
- 1003.49 - Graduation and promotion requirements for publicly operated schools.
- 1003.493 - Career and professional academies and career-themed courses.
- 1003.4935 - Middle grades career and professional academy courses and career-themed courses.
- 1003.57 - Exceptional students instruction.
- 1003.621 - Academically high-performing school districts.
- 1004.02 - Definitions.
- 1004.0961 - Credit for online courses.
- 1004.3825 - Florida Atlantic University Doctor of Medicine Degree Program.
- 1004.387 - Doctor of pharmacy degree program at the University of South Florida.
- 1004.445 - Johnnie B. Byrd, Sr., Alzheimer’s Center and Research Institute.
- 1004.75 - Training school consolidation pilot projects.
- 1004.935 - Adults with Disabilities Workforce Education Pilot Program.
- 1006.141 - Statewide school safety hotline.
- 1006.147 - Bullying and harassment prohibited.
- 1006.148 - Dating violence and abuse prohibited.
- 1006.15 - Student standards for participation in interscholastic and intrascholastic extracurricular student activities; regulation.
- 1006.28 - Duties of district school board, district school superintendent; and school principal regarding K-12 instructional materials.
- 1006.31 - Duties of the Department of Education and school district instructional materials reviewer.
- 1006.34 - Powers and duties of the commissioner and the department in selecting and adopting instructional materials.
- 1006.40 -
- 1006.42 - Responsibility of students and parents for instructional materials.
- 1007.02 - Access to postsecondary education and meaningful careers for students with disabilities; popular name; definition.
- 1007.2615 - American Sign Language; findings; foreign-language credits authorized; teacher licensing.
- 1007.263 - Florida College System institutions; admissions of students.
- 1007.264 - Persons with disabilities; admission to postsecondary educational institutions; substitute requirements; rules and regulations.
- 1007.265 - Persons with disabilities; graduation, study program admission, and upper-division entry; substitute requirements; rules and regulations.
- 1007.271 - Dual enrollment programs.
- 1008.22 - Student assessment program for public schools.
- 1008.25 - Public school student progression; remedial instruction; reporting requirements.
- 1008.33 - Authority to enforce public school improvement.
- 1008.331 - Supplemental educational services in Title I schools; school district, provider, and department responsibilities.
- 1008.3415 - School grade or school improvement rating for exceptional student education centers.
- 1008.35 - Best financial management practices for school districts; standards; reviews; designation of school districts.
- 1009.22 - Workforce education postsecondary student fees.
- 1009.40 -
- 1009.531 - Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program; student eligibility requirements for initial awards.
- 1009.532 - Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program; student eligibility requirements for renewal awards.
- 1009.536 - Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars award.
- 1009.56 - Seminole and Miccosukee Indian Scholarships.
- 1009.69 - Virgil Hawkins Fellows Assistance Program.
- 1009.91 - Assistance programs and activities of the department.
- 1009.94 - Student financial assistance database.
- 1011.71 - District school tax.
- 1011.76 - Small School District Stabilization Program.
- 1011.80 -
- 1012.05 - Teacher recruitment and retention.
- 1012.22 - Public school personnel; powers and duties of the district school board.
- 1012.33 - Contracts with instructional staff, supervisors, and school principals.
- 1012.34 - Personnel evaluation procedures and criteria.
- 1012.44 - Qualifications for certain persons providing speech-language services.
- 1012.561 - Address of record.
- 1012.595 - Saving clause.
- 1012.885 - Remuneration of Florida College System institution presidents; limitations.
- 1012.975 - Remuneration of state university presidents; limitations.
- 1012.98 - School Community Professional Development Act.
- 1013.35 - School district educational facilities plan; definitions; preparation, adoption, and amendment; long-term work programs.
- 1013.47 - Substance of contract; contractors to give bond; penalties.
- 1013.49 - Toxic substances in construction, repair, or maintenance of educational facilities.
- 1013.512 - Land Acquisition and Facilities Advisory Board.
- 1013.54 - Cooperative development and use of satellite facilities by private industry and district school boards.
- 1009.99 - Short title.
- 1009.991 - Purpose.
- 1009.992 - Definitions.
- 1009.993 - Authority; creation, membership, terms of members, expenses.
- 1009.994 - Functions and powers of authority.
- 1009.995 - Expenses of authority.
- 1009.996 - Higher education facilities authority as higher education loan authority.
- 1009.9965 - Moneys, endowments, properties; acquisition, deposit, and guarantees.
- 1009.997 - Conveyance of loan funding deposit to participating institutions.
- 1009.9975 - Notes of authority.
- 1009.9976 - Issuance of obligations.
- 1009.9977 - Trust agreement to secure obligations.
- 1009.9978 - Payment of obligations.
- 1009.9979 - Pledge of revenues.
- 1009.998 - Funds as trust funds.
- 1009.9981 - Obligations; qualities of investment securities.
- 1009.9982 - Rights of holders of obligations.
- 1009.9983 - Refunding obligations; purpose, proceeds; investment of proceeds.
- 1009.9984 - Investment of funds of authority.
- 1009.9985 - Obligations as legal investments.
- 1009.9986 - Validation of bonds and proceedings.
- 1009.9987 - Actions to contest validity of bonds.
- 1009.9988 - Annual report.
- 1009.9989 - Act as alternative method.
- 1009.9990 -
- 1009.9991 - Conflicts of interest.
- 1009.9992 - Liberal construction.
- 1009.9993 - Tax exemption.
- 1009.9994 - State Board of Administration authority to borrow and lend funds to finance student loans; conditions and limitations.
- 1001.34 - Membership of district school board.
- 1011.62 - Funds for operation of schools.
- 1001.10 - Commissioner of Education; general powers and duties.
- 1001.50 - Superintendents employed under Art. IX of the State Constitution.
- 1002.20 - K-12 student and parent rights.
- 1006.40 - Use of instructional materials allocation; instructional materials, library books, and reference books; repair of books.
- 1009.40 - General requirements for student eligibility for state financial aid awards and tuition assistance grants.
- 1009.9990 - State agreement.
- 1011.80 - Funds for operation of workforce education programs.